This puzzle game is based on SmartCar 5x5, but is much, much smaller. I designed it because we could use a more affordable version. So it doesn’t replace the current SmartCar 5x5 game.
DIFFERENCES WITH THE ORIGINAL SMARTCAR 5X5
The original SmartCar 5x5 has 5 wooden blocks. This Mini version has only 4 block in ABS plastics. These parts are identical to 2 blocks from Cube Puzzler Go, but in different colors.
3 blocks are L-shaped (made of 3 cubes), the fourth block is made of 5 cubes. This blue block is basically a combination of the blue and orange block from SmartCar 5x5. Because the blocks are different to the original game, all challenges are new.
The game includes a small booklet with only 24 challenges (SmartCar 5x5 has 96 challenges). But people can download 48 more challenges for free from the official website of SmartGames.
Update 2020: This year we will update the SmartCar mini with an additional challenge booklet. This extra booklet adds 24 new challenges to the game, that are a lot harder than the existing one. People who bought the 2019 version can also download this new booklet (for ages 8 and up) on the official website of SmartGames at the bottom of the page.
example of an EXPERT challenge (left) and solution (right) of SmartCar Mini
GAME RULES SMARTCAR MINI
1) Select a challenge and place the blocks next to the car’s chassis.
2) Use the 4 blocks to build a car that matches the colors shown in the challenge. White squares in a challenge indicate the colors that are not revealed. Use deduction skills to figure out what colors should be placed!
• Starter challenges show a complete side view.
• Junior challenges show an incomplete side view.
• Expert challenges show an incomplete front, side and top view.
• Master challenges show an incomplete front and rear view.
3) There is only 1 solution, shown in the challenge booklet.
Website ©2020 Raf Peeters
Products and images: © Smart